|Website Name||Kiwi Farms|
|Type of website||Doxxing/Stalking|
|This is one of the best articles on Trollpedia. It was selected as a good article.|
|The following article or section may contain content that is not safe for work! Viewer discretion is advised!|
Kiwi Farms is a forum made for general-purpose discussion and for the purpose of talking about "Lolcows" on different selective boards.
It is currently one of the most popular forums in internet culture, being oftentimes mentioned on Youtube or other websites for both the good things it does and the bad things it does, most particularly the latter.
A sister website lolcow.farm exists as well. It is not owned by Null, nor is it related to Kiwifarms, and actively mocks "Kiwifags". This website is an anonymous imageboard inhabited primarily be female users.
Why is that a troll website[edit | edit source]
It is notoriously known as a haven for doxxers and disgruntled stalkers. Information about different celebrities are constantly being leaked there on a daily basis. Furthermore, the forum was originally made to stalk Christine Weston Chandler (See origins) as well as the many other people whom they deemed "too eccentric".
Although one quality they have that a lot of other trolls seem to lack is their ability to have empathy for others, that however is very situational...
They will show no empathy nor sympathy for you if you are "way too eccentric" for them.
The forum[edit | edit source]
The forum was created using Xenforo, a paid forum creation software. Many other websites such as Neogaf and RPG.net use this tool to make a stylish forum. On the bottom of the page, it says the look of the forum was delivered by Themehouse.
The Subforums[edit | edit source]
The forum is separated into several smaller subforums, which have boards where people can discuss topics, such as "Lolcow Cults", "Lolcow Farms", "Lolcow Meta", "Off-topic" and "Interior". All of them are created for a specific purpose. Lolcow Cults, for instance, is a subforum with several boards made to target one person specifically.
Lolcow Cults[edit | edit source]
Only the most notable boards are listed.
- Lolcows: A general board to discuss eccentric people that are not notable enough, think of this as this website's equivalent to Trollpedia's tiny trolls.
- Internationale Clique: The same as "Lolcows", but the person concerned must not speak English. There are many posts on French, German and Spanish "lolcows", alongside Kiwi Farms users that speak those languages.
- Boards dedicated to a specific online user: Those boards tend to come and go as time passes and are made solely to target the most notable eccentric people out there. Examples of boards with that purpose: "Brianna Wu", "Jonathan Yaniv" and "Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil".
- Christian Weston Chandler: Although it goes into the same category as above, Christine's board existed ever since the forum was first created in 2007 and will likely never go away. It has to be noted this is the only board in this subforum with a custom CSS icon featuring Sonichu and Christine.
Lolcow Salon[edit | edit source]
- Beauty Parlour: This board is for the beauty and makeup community and for other people that are simply trying to look pretty. The board may cover cosplayers from time to time.
- Tumblr (◡‿◡✿): Self-explanatory.
- Deathfats: This board is for people who are excessively obese because of their mukbang content on Youtube, mostly. This board can be used to talk about obese people of the fat acceptance movement or other kinds of obese people too.
- Off-Topic: Self-explanatory.
Lolcow Farms[edit | edit source]
Covers fandoms and internet communities.
- Community Watch: This board is a general board for internet communities that are not notable enough for their own board.
- Animal Control: Board dedicated to Furries and Bronies. This board has a custom CSS icon based off the online meme "Yiff in hell". This board generally takes a priority over other boards on this subforum, so if someone is a Furry and is Transgender, then the person will be featured here instead of "Rat Kings".
- Internet Famous: Kind of self-explanatory. It is a board dedicated to internet celebrities. Has a custom CSS icon.
- Rat Kings: Forum dedicated to talking about big-mouthed and famous people from the LGBTQ+ community who may also be notorious for asking for donations or starting online fights.
- Weeb Wars: A board about Otakus and other related dramas within the Anime community. It is particularly notorious on online communities for hosting a lot of pro-Comicsgate content. The CSS icon, which is a whale, is likely there to mock Otakus as fat basement dwellers.
Lolcow Meta[edit | edit source]
- Lolcow General: Discussion about lolcows without targeting one in particular, hence the "general".
- Lolcow & Lolcow LLP: Board dedicated to hosting legal documents.
- Shots Fired: This is a board dedicated to target, harass and stalk school shooters and terrorists. It is infamous for hosting the New Zealand's shooter manifesto as well as hosting the video of his deed (Further discussed under Controversies).
Off-Topic[edit | edit source]
A subforum for generic boards that are for casual discussion. All the boards are self-explanatory and there is rarely anything worthwhile on this subforum, so it will be skipped.
Interior[edit | edit source]
- Forum Discussion: Self-explanatory.
- Spergatory: Contains all the boards that were removed from the website, such as the board dedicated to the forum's wiki, Mr. Enter's board labeled "John Enter & the Entersphere" or the board dedicated to a raging Capitalist called "True Capitalist Radio", and you can also find a board dedicated to Gamergate, it was probably removed because Kiwi Farms did not want to be associated with the movement anymore since the members now make fun of a lot of Gamergaters who are apart of the movement. Spergatory exists solely for archival purposes.
- Take that off the god damn Internet!: Board dedicated to mock legal actions taken against Kiwi Farms.
Other[edit | edit source]
There is one board that doesn't appear to exist at first glance called "Proving Grounds". It is hidden, so the best way to find this board is to find a post with a direct link to it. This board was made so before a post about a lolcow could make it into the main boards, it could be judged by the community and they decide whether it is a good thread worth considering or not.
Controversies[edit | edit source]
Due to its nature, the website attracted a lot of animosity from other trolls and by the average internet user, especially considering that the users of the forum were hypocrites in a way or another or pissed off everyone by doing things that were outrageous.
For a good decade, the website was consistently controversial with lots of its users harassing or witch-hunting other people to the point where everyone despised the entire website and wanted it gone. A Transgender woman who is known as Chloe eventually committed suicide after being bullied by Kiwi Farms' trolls relentlessly which sparked an outrage on both Twitter and Tumblr and this led to the belief that Kiwi Farms was an alt-right Nazi forum. Unfortunately, that person was not the unique casualty, a fat woman called Julie was the first known victim to commit suicide.
|“||On June 29th, 2016, 19-year-old Julie Terryberry (FIRST KiwiFarms' Official Victim) was found dead after hanging herself at her home in Ontario, Canada. Following her death, many speculated that the Kiwi Farms documentation of her online life may have contributed to her suicide.||„|
|~ Editor from Know Your Meme|
|“||On July 19th, NY Mag’s Select/All published an article titled “Kiwi Farms, the Web’s Biggest Community of Stalkers,” which accused the Kiwi Farms community of choosing targets out of a disdain for the mentally ill.||„|
|~ Editor from Know Your meme|
There is a total of 4 recorded casualties due to Kiwi Farms' cyberharassment. They go as follow:
- Julie Terryberry (June 2016)
- Chloe Sagal (June 2018)
- Nicholas McCrary (September 2018)
- Chance Carmichael (October 2018)
Null threatens rape and murder[edit | edit source]
In January 2012, the owner of Kiwi Farms attempted to get a girl called Clara Lovett to give him her home address and since she was being defensive and denied him her address, Null threatened to rape her and kill her parents. It is unknown why Joshua wanted her address, but doxxing is a likely reason.
Mass murder incidents[edit | edit source]
In February 2015, after being radicalized on the website DeviantArt, one member of the forum tried to start a mass shooting in Halifax, Illinois. That member was known by the name of Lindsay Kanittha Souvannarath, going by the username "Heretics on Holiday" on Kiwi Farms and going by the username "snoopyfemme" on DeviantArt. Additionally, she was a part of a nazi forum called the "iron march".
She was later shunned and mocked by Kiwi Farms for complotting to start a mass shooting and failing.
Another member, who is known by the name William Edward Atchison and going by the username "fuckyou", who also happens to be a member of Encyclopedia Dramatica under the name "AlGore", made a successful mass shooting attempt on the 7th of December 2017 against the Aztec High School and, exactly like for Lindsay, he was shunned and mocked on Kiwi Farms afterward.
Excerpt from Kiwi Farms: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/william-edward-atchison-fuckyou.37309/
It has to be noted though that although Kiwi Farms disavows the mass shootings, the website is still put into a liability for allowing these incidents to happen.
Lawsuit[edit | edit source]
Samuel Collingwood Smith was awarded $13,000 payout for defamation after being accused of being a Pedophile by a Kiwi Farms user.
Following that lawsuit, more were made to take down the website, which ultimately was fruitless.
Doxx incidents[edit | edit source]
In January 2017 (possibly a bit earlier), Null, the owner of the forum, was doxxed and his family was at risk of being the target of trolls (or worse), other members of that forum were presumably doxxed based on claims. Null himself was doxxed by none other than Vordrak who managed to get Null's mom fired from her job. This caused the entire website to be shut down temporarily after Null making a few comments, available here. Ironically, it was the first time ever Null acknowledges there was something wrong with his forum.
In September 2019, there was a leak from Kiwi Farms which caused all the accounts on that website to have their passwords leaked and spread around the web, waiting to be compromised. It is likely the users got doxxed in the process. A post made by Null discussing the issue is available here.
The New Zealand controversy[edit | edit source]
There has been a terrorist attack in Christchurch and since the attack, Kiwi Farms hosted the video file of the attack with the terrorist's manifesto. This prompted the police of New Zealand to go onto the website and ask Null to give them personal information of users of Kiwi Farms (Likely the ones who re-uploaded the video file and the manifesto) to which Null refused in the rudest and condescending manner possible.
This caused the whole website to be unreachable from any IP address located inside New Zealand and the users who shared the video or the manifesto were arrested according to the news.
|“||I don't give a single solitary fuck what section 50 of your faggot law say about sharing your email. Fuck you and fuck your shithole country.||„|
|~ Null / Joshua Conner Moon from Kiwi Farms|
The ESA controversy[edit | edit source]
Still in 2019, there has been a leak during E3 causing thousands of people to get doxxed due to a readily available document on the official ESA website which was reported to have existed ever since February of the same year. Kiwi Farms got a copy of the document and archived it on their website. Only god knows what they can do with it.
Origins of Kiwi Farms[edit | edit source]
Kiwi Farms was created in 2007 when a group of 4channers decided to gather together to harass Christine Weston Chandler because of her online comic infamously known as "Sonichu".
Originally, the website was called "CWCki Forums", but it was later renamed to "Kiwi Farms" in 2015, alongside the creation of a wiki dedicated to Sonichu and Christine (Available here), due to the fact that Chris Chan was unable to pronounce the name of the website correctly.
Other noteworthy facts[edit | edit source]
Despite being a forum that is heavily anti-feminists and anti-Tumblr, several of the members appeared to be Leftists and it was eventually found out some of them had a Tumblr account (Proof). To make it more ironic, despite making fun of autistic people, a good portion of the members on this forum do have autism (Proof). The cherry on top of the cake is the fact they target Pedophiles, but some of the members, including Null himself, are presumably Pedophiles based on multiple sources to make the matters worse.
The politics on Kiwi Farms tend to be either far-right or far-left depending on where you look at, the community is not very homogeneous.
Several Kiwi Farms members have accounts to another witch hunt type of forum called PrettyUglyLittleLiars which is a more radical feminist and a less edgy variant of Kiwi Farms. The members have complimented the website itself on a thread, available here. On an unrelated thread, someone complained that PrettyUglyLittleLiars was gone for good, that person's comment is available here.
However, another part of Kiwi Farms mocks PULL for shit-talking and ranting about the disgraced voice actor Vic Mignogna on a completely different thread, available here.
It has to be noted that the people praising PULL and the users criticizing PULL from each respective thread are not the same.
Null supports Donald Trump and made stupid edgy comments like this one and this one, which caused him to be labeled an alt-right. Although his political stance is not clear enough for such an assessment, it is worth noting.
The forum was programmed so that instead of letting the users call other people ableist slurs or use words in an ableistic context (Such as using "autism" as an insult), every comment would automatically get censored into "Exceptional". The context is still the same, however, the word is different. Some people who "study" eccentric people on the web take pride in using the word "Exceptional" in places where you could still use ableist slurs or "autism" as an insult without getting punished for it. One such example is The Exceptional Detective on Youtube.
There is a wiki focused on documenting content from Kiwi Farms, it is currently inactive: http://www.kiwifarmswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page. According to that same wiki, Null once developed 8chan.
A thread on Kiwi Farms, which was very critical of the MGTOW movement, got the attention of a member of MGTOW. Kiwi Farms was then branded as terrorists by that same member (Though some of the former members literally were, see Mass murder incidents). The thread itself is available here: https://kiwifarms.net,/threads/mgtow.10373/page-70#post-6368358
On the 4th of July 2020, YandereDev was hacked by Null and the source code of his game, Yandere Simulator, was made public on Github. When that happened, Null took the liberty to flaunt himself to the users of the Yandere Simulator subreddit. Afterward, he banned all the moderators and unbanned anyone who was originally banned from the subreddit.
How to not end up on Kiwi Farms[edit | edit source]
If you are scared that one day you might end up on the website, then here are some steps to follow to NOT end up there. It has to be noted that being mentioned on the website is common, especially if you are popular, but what we mean by saying "then here are some steps to follow to NOT end up there" is that you don't want to end up being doxxed and made fun of there, do you?
- Do not be annoying: If you are known to be passive-aggressive or you are being judged for talking a lot, then chances are you might end up on the forum.
- Do not give out any information about yourself: As stated earlier this forum is a safe haven for doxxers. Stay anonymous.
- Do not start dramas: Try to not be controversial, if you start drama you might attract the attention of the members from Kiwi Farms.
- Trolls may also end up on the website: This is not Encyclopedia Dramatica. KF users target anyone they want.
- If you have any mental illness, try to hide it: The trolls on that website are ableists by nature and they like to talk smack about extremely autistic people or people they deem to be irritable or weird.
- Do not overreact: If there's something going on, people will generally overreact and that'll attract the trolls from Kiwi Farms, most of the people who are being made fun of on the website have overreacted to something they deemed to be wrong and that's how people started to talk about them on the website.
- Avoid talking about this website: Same rule as for ED. If you talk about someone, then you're more likely to be noticed by that someone.
- Do not engage with members of the forum, block them instead.
Kiwi Farms only targets people who are infamous or eccentric after all. You might want to watch what you post online if you don't want to come across as either.
Notable members[edit | edit source]
Null - The mentally unstable creator and owner of the forum.
Vordrak - A troll who used to be a member of Kiwi Farms. He doxxed Null and put the whole website on red alert after he got Null's mother fired from her job by telling the manager about Kiwi Farms. The reason he did what he did was likely due to a post made against him. It is currently available here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/samuel-collingwood-smith-vordrak-sam-smith-benvolastar-matthew-hopkins-news.16771/.
A-Log - An infamous user of the website, he got doxxed by one of his own for being insane and attacking Chris Chan restlessly. A wiki was made against him called the "Logattopedia". Now, whenever you would be a slight bit too edgy, your comment could be rated "A-Log" by the users. The name became a verb in Kiwi Farms and related Chris Chan discussions and it means someone having an incessant rage about someone deplorable (Chris Chan for example) just to feel better about themselves because that someone is afraid to be bullied because they are miserable themselves. Basically, this is a term for insecure trolls who participate in harassment campaigns against someone else they deem worse than they are themselves.
Mr. Metokur - Frequents the website for all public information available on Furries or Social Justice Warriors. Mr. Metokur is a politically incorrect streamer who loathes furries, bronies and anyone he deems to be a "degenerate", up to his own interpretation.
Michael Coombs aka Mikemikev - neo-Nazi internet troll who has one of the longest threads on Kiwi Farms with over 700 pages and nearly 1,000,000 views. Mikemikev has several dozen accounts on the forum however his most active account with thousands of posts was banned; he's also been blocked on numerous sockpuppets in his own thread.
Editor's Note[edit | edit source]
Here's a little misconception with the forum: While I, personally, saw a lot of neo-nazi trolls in the past (look no further than Preacher Gerald White and /pol/ on 4chan) I was kinda surprised to see lots of people considered Kiwi Farms to be a neo-nazi website, that is completely untrue. In fact, I am pretty certain they are mostly Leftists (Although sure, there are some far-right nutcases). If you did some research, you would know the users here never mention alt-right figures, support them nor make jokes/memes against feminists (all of which are things /pol/ 4channers love to do). It is still ironic, self-loathing and hypocritical coming from them to make fun of, autistic people, Tumblr users and leftists when they fall into those three categories though.
Now that I think about it there were Leftists who acted extremely edgy on Twitter and r/ChapoTrapHouse and I found a PSA on Twitter saying "If you're a Socialist and say awful bigoted shit, then call yourself a National Socialist instead.". Humans are tribalistic in nature and don't wanna have the name of their movement (Or the labels they associate with) stained, that's why people tend to label the edgy bigoted Socialists as alt-Right or Nazis. Moreover, TERFs are labeled as such because Feminists don't wanna be associated with them. TERFs are still Feminists, although their opinions on trans people suck.
Links[edit | edit source]
/!\View at your own risks/!\
Related pages[edit | edit source]
Archives/Sources[edit | edit source]
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kiwi_Farms (Contains useful data, but is extremely opinionated. Be careful not to be mislead to believe something that's factually incorrect)
https://themaresnest.wordpress.com/kiwi-farms-the-troll-hole-where-self-confessed-paedophiles-perverts-racists-and-failed-mass-murderers-call-simmers-freaks-irony-much/ (Opinion piece, but contains very interesting information)
https://medium.com/s/darkish-web/hunting-for-trolls-on-an-anonymous-forum-7b721d3bd199 (Opinion piece, but contains very interesting information)
https://www.facebook.com/kiwifarmsunmasked/ (Contains useful data, but is extremely opinionated. Be careful not to be mislead to believe something that's factually incorrect)
KiwiFarms.net is part of a series on
Visit the Harasser portal for complete coverage.
KiwiFarms.net is part of a series on
Black Hat Trolling
Visit the Illegality portal for complete coverage.
KiwiFarms.net is part of a series on
Visit the Bigotry portal for complete coverage.